When it comes to airlines and hotels, folks tend to be loyal to certain companies, and that loyalty can pay off in the end. And while we are constantly being asked to sign up for rewards programs that will give us perks for our loyalty, not all programs are alike and not all of them are really worth it. Thankfully, "U.S. News & World Report" is here to help you choose the right one.
- The mag just came out with their 2022-2023 Best Travel Reward Programs list, identifying 15 hotel and nine airline loyalty programs with the most rewarding perks.
- Topping the list for hotels for the first time is World of Hyatt.
- It earns high marks for offering a variety of ways members can earn and redeem points. Plus, it offers a variety of options for every budget, and members can earn a free night by staying at five different Hyatt brands.
Top Five Hotel Rewards Programs
- World of Hyatt
- Wyndham Rewards
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Choice Privileges
- IHG Rewards
- As for airlines, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan holds on to the title of Best Airline Rewards Program for an eighth straight year.
- Their program allows travelers to earn points based on every mile flown, rather than dollars spent, which makes it easier for members to get free flights. Plus they can use those miles on eligible flights with over 20 partner airlines.
Top Five Airline Rewards Programs
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
- Delta SkyMiles
- United MileagePlus
- Southwest Rapid Rewards
Click here for the complete lists of both hotel and airline programs.
Source: U.S. News & World Report