Chef Reveals The 10 Foods You Should Never Get Delivered
Deliveries from restaurants have increased significantly in the last couple of years, but “Insider” spoke to several chefs and have compiled a list of foods to skip…because not all food travels well. Here’s a look:
- French Fries – have a very short shelf life and they get soggy really quickly.
- Omelets and Egg dishes – you’re better off making them at home
- Nachos – also get soggy and mushy.
- Smoothies – don’t maintain their consistency for very long.
- Ice cream – we all know it’s going to melt.
- Food with breaded coating – deep-fried foods loose their crunch.
- Grilled cheese – the cheese is likely to get cold and loose it’s ‘gooeyness’.
- Noodle soups – if the broth is packed separately these could be ok.
- Salmon – can continue to cook in transit, drying it out.
- Sandwiches with creamy fillings – tuna, chicken or egg salad sandwiches are better made at home.